08/11/09 - (Somehow the caption I typed at 7AM is gone...I probably didn't hit save...retyping as best as I can.) I tried some new things with my artsy glass shots yesterday. First, I tried using small squares of tissue paper on top of the plate. I didn't get the results that I was hoping for. Second, I tried smearing several colors of glitter glue on top of a plate. That didn't yield particularly cool results either. So, I went to the old standby and dug out some kid type plastic beads. Finally something of interest! I had a saucer with small flowers in the center and bigger flowers around the outer edge. I took 300+ shots trying to get 'the' shot. Near the end of my attempts, I put thin white paper on top of the beads, and that seemed to really add nicely to the process. This shot happens to be the last one I took! I wish it was a tad crisper as is the case with many of my glass shots, but this is as crisp as it gets (there's no motion blur). This is sooc without even a crop. Maybe there is something I could do to it in pp...not sure.
Thank you for sharing my excitement about the train picture yesterday. That whole experience was so awesome!
Have a great day!