08/22/10 - Get a Strike!
I'm sorry that this is all I have to offer today, but the only pics I took yesterday were kid shots. In the morning we played the Wii (Mario Kart, Outdoor Life, Just Dance!), and in the afternoon, we went to the bowling alley. I guess this is their 6th time maybe. They are just starting to push the ramp aside sometimes and try to actually throw the ball down the lane. Sometimes it drops or goes VERY slowly, but other times it was rolling down pretty good. You'll notice the bumper guards up for the kids. Even though I have barely been bowling more than they have, I put the guards down for me (and my score shows it:-). Oh well, it's just for fun, right? Not being good at something never stopped me from enjoying it just the same.
If you go to the bowling alley with little kids:
1. There will be at least one loud ball drop in your area that causes everyone to look at YOU.
2. The kids will demand snacks even if you feed them right before you come and again right after you leave.
3. At least one finger will get crushed in the ball return.
4. The children will insist on having one of every pattern and weight ball in the alley on their ball return.
5. And, everyone will have the biggest smile of delight as somehow they get a strike or a spare.
I had my glory on the Galaga machine in the arcade area. Joey's eyes were huge as he saw me ace several of the challenge stages and get to level 14 before the kids started pestering me for more tokens. I told him his Mom could play! For a few minutes it was 1984 and I was in high school and it was great!
Joey has a sore throat and stuffy head today, so I'm not sure how much we'll get to do today:-(
I hope you're having a great weekend with family and taking pics.